Sri Lanka Road Trip
The Sri Lanka Road Trip is an Eco-Tourism travel project, which means it is as environmentally friendly as possible. As part of this unique experience you will visit various distinctive regions and explore their exotic, unique and exciting culture. The road trip includes the world-famous Dutch Fort in Galle, the Royal Botanical Gardens, a Tea Factory, the Bahirawakanda Buddha statue and many sites of historical importance.
Enjoy a natural Ayurvedic treatment, a boat trip along the Madu Ganga, and a visit to the famous 14th century ‘Three Temples’ with their intricate hand-carvings.
The first week you will be introduced to Sri Lanka where you will witness cultural dance and music performances by artists, visit famous Buddhist and Hindu temples, learn Sri Lankan culinary, and get to know the culture and traditions of the country.
On your second week you will climb the Ambuluwawa peak, visit the Lion’s rock – where you can see the ruins of an old castle built on a rock – and visit the UNESCO World heritage site Polonnaruwa. You will also visit a few ancient temples in Kandy to and ride on a train enjoying the view of cloud-shrouded hills.
On the third week, we take you to the south eastern part of Sri Lanka for five days. Here you’ll visit ancient temples by tuk tuk or vans, relax on pristine beaches, go on a river safari, work at our very own turtle conservation project, visit Galle, and see a jewellery mine.
Day 1: Monday
- Welcome/Intro to the Program/collection of documents
- Language Lesson/Lunch/Cultural lesson/Kandy City tour
- Cultural Show
Day 2: Tuesday
- Spice and Ayurvedic garden visit/Tea factory visit and the Gem Museum
- Boat ride at the Kandy Lake
Day 3: Wednesday
- Sri Lankan cooking Lesson/Self defence lesson
- Meditation Lesson
Day 4: Thursday
- Early morning visit to the Temple of the tooth
- Sri Lanka breakfast /British cemetery/ visit Batik factory and visit to wood factory
Day 5: Friday
- Visit to a special temple in a small forest and Hindu Temple visit
- Indian Lunch in the city/Ayurvedic massage
Day 6: Saturday
- Visit to Royal Botanical Gardens
Day 7: Sunday
Free Day to relax or explore
Day 8: Monday
- Train ride to Nanuoya and coming back to Kandy by bus
Day 9: Tuesday
- Day hike to Ambuluwawa Peak
Day 10: Wednesday
- 03 temple walk called “the Loop temple walk”
Day 11: Thursday
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site – the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and return to Sigiriya
Day 12: Friday
- Climbing the Sigiriya rock (Lion’s rock) and Pidurangala mountain
Day 13: Saturday
- Visit to Dambulla cave temples and returning to the accommodation in Kandy
Day 14: Sunday
- Early morning travel to Down South by train to the beach
Day 15: Monday
- River Safari at “Madu Gaga” and Afternoon Relaxing at the beach
Day 16: Tuesday
- Visit to South Asia’s largest sleeping Buddha statue and Sri Lanka’s largest wooden Buddha statue “Temple day”
Day 17: Wednesday
- Feeding the Turtles and afternoon will be free
Day 18: Thursday
- Tour to a beautiful waterfall and the afternoon will be free at the beach
Day 19: Friday
- Galle City Tour and afternoon will be free
Day 20: Saturday
This schedule can be changed and/or amended depending on weather conditions, local conditions and unforeseen circumstances.
A route from the Central province of Sri Lanka to the Southern part of the country, passing many historical sites. The focal point of the journey would be Kandy.
Accommodation & Food
You will be accommodated in one of our centres which are located 2-4 kilometres away from the city centres. The accommodation holds 4-10 people per room on a single gender basis. Private rooms can be requested and are subject to availability, please contact us before hand if you would like a private room.
You will be provided with three meals a day on weekdays and two meals per day on weekends. The meals are a mix of Western and Sri Lankan food, consisting mainly of vegetarian dishes including rice and vegetables. You can also eat out at any of the local restaurants.
Our houses is located 2 – 4 kilometres away from the city centres, where you can find anything you might need.
Along the route – but not at all times – there are ATMs and small local stores. Please make sure you have enough money with you before starting the trip.
Trip Country Info
Population: approx. 20 million
Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte and Colombo
Language: Sinhalese, Tamil
Currency: Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
Time zone: UTC +5:30
Sri Lanka’s over 2000 years of history and culture can still be seen in every corner of its cities and the details of its ever-beautiful ancient temples. With eight UNESCO World Heritage sites and its short distances between the main sights, Sri Lanka is a country that, despite often being overlooked in itineraries, has left travelers filled with awe.
Visit the sacred home of the world’s oldest living tree in Anuradhapura, wander around the colonial architecture of Colombo, get sun-kissed at the untouched beaches that inclose the territory, snorkel in the crystal-clear waters, head to the hills for a cooler temperature and get surrounded by lush natural, visit two thousand year-old temples or get overawed at the sight of hundreds of elephants in Minneriya.
While traveling through Sri Lanka you will experience adventures from the highest and chilliest mountains like the famous Adam’s Peak – a stairway mountain considered sacred in three different religions, thru the elephant shelters, to the most peaceful beaches up north near Trincomalee and their tiny- one floor- hostels facing the calm sea.
Tru Experience Travel welcome people from all over the world to join ongoing Sri Lankan programs and you can even compose your schedule the way you like it. With this flexibility it enables you to say when you are on site and when you spend time with the new friends you have made from all over the world.
Participant Criteria & Requirements
No requirements have been provided.
No requirements have been provided.
- 24/7 support in case of emergencies
- Airport Pick up
- English speaking coordinator
What's not included
- Airport drop off
- Travel insurance